[AT] reversed tire example

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 12:32:13 PDT 2009

one winter  when the ice was  thick exept where the  hay  bale needed to be
set.  I got the   1655 stuck -- not deep   but  it wouldn't move---  I was
alone.

I got out the 4430 w/duals and a 10ft 3pt bushog mower  on  it.    because
I had a short chain  I drove  nose first  to the  1655  and  tried to pull
it out...   I just sat  and spun...   left for  black marks in the  ice .

I turned the 4430 around  and  with another chain  for added  length  I
hooked up again--  the  duals were in the same  holes exactly--- so I thought
it was useless but I was going to try.

It never really spun  and the 1655 came right up  out of  the   mess.

I will add that now that WE  own a  ZTR  I am still   upholding the
virtures of  the   'LAWN MOWING  TRACTORS"    our  455 JD  will mow as fast on the
straights   and doesn't leave  the    'turn and  burns'  at every turn.   I
know some people say that  their  mower doesn't do it...  well   ours  does
with me behind the  wheel --- mom says it doesn't when she runs it  --- I
hate to  show her  that she's wrong.

In a message dated 8/4/2009 12:06:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,