[Farmall] Farmall not starting---still!

John Gustafson gustafsonjohnc at wildblue.net
Mon Aug 3 10:43:13 PDT 2009

I'm going to step in here and I am in seriously unknown territory but:  At
least twice you have stated that the points were set at .20. That does seem
excessive, nearly a quarter inch. I would think .020 would be a more
reasonable number.  While you were sure that you hit TDC in setting up the
distributor, are you sure??? Could you have set it at the top of the exhaust
stroke? Not familiar with how Farmall did it , I am and will be learning,
but timing marks referenced to the crank  will always line up on the exhaust
stroke.