[Steam-engine] Buffalo injectors

Francis Orr steam.boat at verizon.net
Tue Apr 7 23:10:45 PDT 2009

Richard,

I used to import and sell Buffalo injectors until the firm was bought up and
the new owners closed the injector business. Buffalo started out copying the
American Metropolitan injectors and were in business at the turn of the last
century. When I was selling them, there were the only outfit making 1/4"
injectors as Penberthy had stopped doing it. You might be able to find a
couple of Penberthy #113 Auto-Positive Injectors which are horizontal and
would not look bad on a locomotive.

 To the best of my knowledge, Penberthy is still making injectors but you
will have trouble finding the flanged fittings. You will probably have to
make a flanged coupling with a short threaded section to make the match up.

Just before Buffalo closed, I learned that they had boxes of parts and I was
able to have them make up a number of lever action injectors but none as
small as 1/2" I think two of those will be hard ones to find.

Francis