[AT] Farmer, your email/phone no.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:47:18 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Mark Greer <markagreer at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Herb
> Why not just put new seals in your old Horse?

=============================

Very simple really... It takes time and money and if either or both is
in short supply you look for other quick answers. Its fine to sit in
front of the computer saying such things but they seldom hold true for
very busy people in the real world... In  my case I simply have other
things I want to do with what time I have on this planet. Why should I
be worried about making something last another 40 years? I don't
expect to last that long...  :-)
When I walk into my woodshop I want to do the best job I can in the
least time. A lot of other guys in that hobby walk in their shop
wanting to consume time that they have and do not know what to do
with. They complicate things on purpose.I on the other hand want to do
the job well and quickly and move on to life's next adventure.
Some of us stay very very busy and have many many hobbies and interest
all asking for time. It is just a choice really. There are not any
right and wrong answers, just different life choices. I can tolerate
someone wanting to do every detail exactly right as long as they can
tolerate my cutting a few corners on something basically unimportant
to me so I have time to apply to something else. To hell with the
tiller... I want some time for my motorcycle...   ;-)   And my
horses... And my woodshop... And my sawmill... and traveling... and
the youth camp we are developing... And... And... And...
People that work at regular jobs seldom understand us independent
mavericks.  ;-)
They keep wanting to lock us up or chain us down.  :-)
*
Now if those seals were on an antique tractor I would say replace them.   :-)

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Join "Shopsmith owners" group at:
SS_owners-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
For anyone with an interest in Shopsmith
woodworking machines. See the group home page at: