[AT] Farmer, your email/phone no.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:59:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Herbert Metz <metz-h.b at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Francis, would appreciate a few minutes email or  phone call tomorrow p.m.(if your schedule permits).  Subject is adding grease to trans oil to reduce leaks, etc on my old Horse Troybilt tiller. Herb

Hi Herb:

Been building horse fence and running errands all day then Diana came
home from visiting her mom at the nursing home over in the next county
and she had found a really nice saddle at a bargain at a yard sale
over there and wanted me to look at it (we did buy it).
*
Now I am sitting here watching "Lost" and I am lost... :-)  Not sure I
have enough brain left to follow it all.
*
I had a non Troybilt tiller that was leaking badly at the seals and I
took the filler plug out and put in a bushing and a grease fitting. I
greased it every time I used it and it worked fine for years. I did
the same thing to a concrete mixer gearbox that leaked badly. We used
to have a New Idea corn picker that called for removing one bolt and
pumping chassis grease into the gearbox (bevel gears) as its only
source of lube. I seem to recall that the old Deere 45 combine corn
heads I used called for the same thing.
I have two Troybilt Horse tillers but neither leaks yet. I've never
had a Troybilt gearbox apart.
If I were going to put grease in one I might give some thought to
adding some powdered graphite in there too or maybe using some Slick
50 grease.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Join "Shopsmith owners" group at:
SS_owners-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
For anyone with an interest in Shopsmith
woodworking machines. See the group home page at: