[AT] OT Water Purification

szakaluk at aol.com szakaluk at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 14:55:20 PDT 2009

Dick, you wrote about a problem with well water. (This probably affects your tractors also, as you use the water in the radiator. Mandatory tractor link up.)

I had a similar problem when I built just a quarter mile from the old house. Ours has ferric oxide (iron) and amnganeeze dioxide. I think the best solution is twofold:

First, test the water. Do this yourself. There are inexpensive (<$15) kits on the web to do this. That way you will know both what the problems are, and how severe they are.

Second, have knowledgeable people who sell purification systems test your water. Get recommendations from neighbors, have several out to test your water. Stay with those who's test results are similar to yours.

If desired, let me know and I'll check with my supplier to see if he knows of someone in your area.

p.s. citric acid crystals (as in food canning supplies) will remove the brown from dishwasher, clothes washer, toilets, etc.

Steve Zakaluk
szakaluk at aol.com
Falcon, CO