[Farmall] overrun clutch question

DBigdog DBigdog at columbus.rr.com
Mon Sep 29 08:01:05 PDT 2008

Lisa,
    A slip clutch and an overrun clutch are different things.  The slip
clutch will "slip" if the implement binds up and protect (hopefully) the
drive system.  An overrun clutch allows the implement to coast when the
input shaft (pto) is running slower than the driven shaft (mower).  It has a
ratchet mechanism that allows force in one direction only.  Your H would not
have that feature built in.  Adding one would not affect the operation of
your sicklebar mower.
    Overrun clutches are available at places like TSC.