[AT] 3000 lift control valve adjustment questions

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 9 18:53:31 PDT 2008

> If you cannot find anything that looks bent or warped, then I would use
> the 2000 adjustments or find the specs for a 4000 and see if it is any
> closer.  I know this is not much help, but do we know for sure that this
> tractor has not had a top deck broken sometime and replaced from a
> salvage yard?  Is there a serial number   on the top deck??

No serial number on the lift cover but there is a casting date and it is
consistent with the dates on the rest of the tractor.

I did notice something after looking it over carefully.  The spring on the
back  of the lift cover looks to be the wrong one.  It is an exposed spring
similar to the 2000.  The photos of the 3000 show an enclosed spring.  The
shop manual shows shims to being the front surface of the rear spring seat
flush with the back of the cover.  Looking it over, if this were the case
the draft control spring would be moved toward the lift valve and just might
make it come out correct.  I am visiting a tractor salvage yard tomorrow and
will take a look around.

Don Bowen  KI6DIU