[AT] 3000 lift control valve adjustment questions

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 9 11:44:08 PDT 2008

I have rebuilt the lift cover with new O-Rings and doing adjustments when I
ran into a problem.  If I do the draft control adjustment according to the
shop manual for the 3000 the turnbuckle is about a quarter inch too short.
Same when doing the position adjustment.  If I use the procedure for the
2000 the turnbuckle adjustment is long enough but not by much.  The tractor
is an early production 3000 (April '65) according to the serial number and
all casting dates support that.

3000 setup for Draft control adjustment

            Draft control lever in draft position.

            Quadrant 4 1/8 in. from top

                        Shop manual shows 3.75 in.  I tried both

            Lift arms in fully raised position

            Adjust plunger with turnbuckle to 0.200 in from face of casting

2000 Setup for Draft control adjustment

            Same as above except quadrant is 2 in and plunger is 0.144 from
face of casting.

Position control adjustment is the same for both except plunger distance is
0.144 on the 2000.

            Control lever in position control.

            Quadrant at full lowering position.

Lift arms in fully lowered position.

            Adjust by changing length of position control rod.

Any comments from the Ford crowd?

Don Bowen  KI6DIU