[AT] 350U PS valve

oldiron62 at gmail.com oldiron62 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:12:34 PDT 2008

Farmer,  I may need to ask you for a couple or 3 pictures of your Behlen unit someday along with a question or two. I have one in a box at the shop for the M 6cyl. The M has turned out very well with the 6cyl 221 ci 460 engine on it. I just wish I had kept the 301D engine for it.  But for now this 350U needs to get out of the way for room to transplant engines on a WD45 AC that is patiently waiting a chance for the doors to open and watch the 350 drive out :<)
 I think that I will need a PS pump off a truck - tractor  as this M is a war model with belly pump hydraulics ? Or find a SM engine hyd pump for it, you notice that those are getting to be expensive ?
Thank you.
Kevin

.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>snip
My Super M has Charlynn aftermarket power steering and the S-MTA has a
Behlen unit on it. Both with identical proportioning valves rather
than a separate pump. On those the P-valve just sort of hangs there in
the nest of hoses. There is an input, an output and a smaller bypass
hose that feeds back into the special suction hose "L" fitting at the
hydraulic tank. On both tractors we installed a filter in the return
line out of the power steering unit. On the super M it is a large
regular spin on filter with a pressure gauge to tell you when it needs
changing

"farmer"