[AT] Cub Cadet values

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 7 11:48:25 PDT 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 10:28 PM, John Hall wrote:

> Sorry for the cross post!
>
> I'm probably going to look at 4 lawn mowers a fellow wants to sell
> as a
> package deal.  3 are Cub Cadets---an Original, and two 122's. The
> Cadets are
> supposedly complete with decks but not running. What are these
> things going
> for lately?

The Models you may get are older than the Cub Cadet I have.

I bought a Model 2084, with our "new" house.  it had a 60 inch mower
deck, a brush hog attachment and a tiller attachment.  The value was
about $3500, I was told.

This is one of the models made by MTD, and is maybe 15 years old.  It
suffers from weakness of the shaft that drives the hydraulic system,
rear wheels and rear PTO spline.  Roughing it with the brush hog, or
the tiller is asking for a broken shaft and expensive repair.  I'm
assured by the local Cub Cadet shop guys that the front PTO/mowing
attachment and the snow blower combinations are sturdy and dependable
(as long as you avoid the ground and rocks with the mower.)  I just
bought a snow blower for $600.  A thumbnail estimate of plowing fees
saved has it paying for itself the first winter.

Roy

Roy Morgan
13033 Downey Mill Rd
Lovettsville, VA 20180