[AT] test, hurricane

Gene Waugh Elgin, Illinois USA gwaugh at wowway.com
Fri Sep 5 18:48:53 PDT 2008

Al, when I saw the following, MY mind went back to Hurricane Hazel,
1954, if my mind serves me correctly!  We lived outside of Raleigh a
ways---Dad was a Dept Head at NCS College (at the time).  We were out in
the country; IIRC, it was about two weeks for power to be restored, and
longer than that for the phones.  We were very popular in the
neighborhood; we had an old dug well, while most had drilled wells.
Hard to use a bucket in them!!

Gene
Elgin, Illinois USA