[AT] Bush hog needed for the '51 McCormick

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 27 11:44:32 PDT 2008

The folks who hayed our gone-to-weed fields are pretty much done.
They left a lot of places because of gopher holes and rough terrain,
and say that if they can they'll come back with a bush hog.  Or I
should get one, or a sickle bar cutter.y
Advice?  It seems to me that soon, we'll have nice hay on all the land
and may not  need a bush hog much at all.  Would a carefully handled
sickle bar cutter be best for us in the long run?  We plan to share
the hay in the future with folks who can rake and bale it at the best
times for the fields and the hay.

The tractor I have is the '51 McCormick W-4.  It has a PTO and
swinging bar hitch, (no two- or three- point hitch.)  It has hydraulic
with two valves, one in use for the front plow and one unused, so
hydraulic power for a towed implement is a possibility for the future.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.