[AT] possibly OT scrap prices---Wally gas

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Oct 1 20:38:36 PDT 2008

John,
In the Winston-Salem area we sill have spotty supplies - maybe a third
of the stations are dry at anyone time - apparently it is much worse
around Charlotte.
Given the nature of the panic buying the other Friday I'm surprised the
local situation isn't much worse.  There are several local retailers
facing legal problems under the price fixing law - many of them sold gas
for more than $5.00/ gallon that day - after starting the day at $3.85/
gallon or so.  Of course they were the only stations that had any gas at
the end of the day.
David
NW NC