[AT] Another OT computer related but could be tractor friendly

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 24 15:23:23 PDT 2008

Some time back I mentioned Google Sketch-up.  I played with this for a time
and gave it up.  Then  I reloaded it and this time I actually looked at the
tutorials and some online video instructions plus I bought Google Sketch up
for dummies.

If any of you are interested in conceptual drawings of buildings, models, or
most anything you should try this software.  Use the tutorial that comes
with it and go online to this site
Http://sketchup.google.com/gsu5vtvideos.html and kill  an hour or so looking
at the videos.  They are done by the same guy, Aidan Chopra, that wrote
Sketch-up for Dummies.  After about 4 or 5 hours of learning curve you'll be
amazed at what you can do with the software.
It will be a good way to spend some cold winter days in a month or so.  I
have a couple of projects I'm trying to design with it.  I've also used it
to build "as built" drawings for some modifications I did at a tank farm
recently.

Sorry if I'm boring anyone with this off topic but I hate not to pass it
along.  If you want to build a barn or tractor shed and want to know what it
will look like when it's done this is the way to find out.

If anyone is interested I'll be glad to go into it further off list.

Charlie