[AT] Fw: Chainsaw Ramblings - now chainsaw pruning poles

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Tue Oct 21 05:01:03 PDT 2008

The one I'm looking at is based on a Stihl gas trimmer power plant with
the pole and small chainsaw.  For me the advantage would be freedom from
the power cord and the ability to prune those low hanging branches from
the ground - I don't do ladders at all these days, saw or no.

At another hardware store I saw the unit for sale - more than is prudent
for me to invest to own a unit for myself but a day's rental might be a
good investment.

A couple years ago I had an arborist do some big time tree pruning here.
  He had a number of Stihl saws in all different sizes, a bucket truck
and the required chipper as well as a crew of three helpers.  It is more
than amazing to watch a true professional work.  Of course a bit pricey
but I had no worries about a big tree limb falling on the house either.
When they left other than the pruning there was no sign they had been at
work (except the pile of chips I asked for).

David
NW NC