[AT] Ford F250 Diesel makes steam. UH - OH !!!

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Oct 20 09:26:00 PDT 2008

Some of the old IH 6.9L V-8 engines used in the Ford mid-80s diesel line
were subject to pinhole leaks in the cylinder walls due to cavitation,
permitting coolant to leak into the combustion chambers. Special
anti-freeze was used to prevent the cavitation.

That may or may not be the cause of your problem.

Mike