[AT] Worlds Oldest Person - 115 years

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Nov 28 18:19:42 PST 2008

    I remember many years ago, though I have no idea who said it, about a
very elderly gentleman being interviewed.
    When asked to what he attributed his long life, his answer was " because
I was born a very long time ago".

   I had a very good flying friend, Ralph Charles, from Thornville, Ohio who
flew till he was 102 years old. He also maintained his own airplane and farm
airstrip and passed his flight medical  and didn't even need glasses. A
broken hip ended his flying and he died 2 years later at 104 years. His
secret to a long life was to drink 1 beer every day. Was the oldest active
pilot in the country.

                            Gene