[AT] Head gasket question

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 24 20:54:14 PST 2008

Johns:  if the hole size and pattern is symmetrical, would it make a
difference?  On an inline 4 cylinder block I there may be differences
in the size of water passages between front and rear of the
engine.  I believe this type gasket is usually labeled for block or
head side.  My vague recollection is that the B gasket pattern was
symmetrical so is there some other reason for crimp orientation?  Any
thoughts?  Just curious -- not a challenge!

Bob Holtzer