[AT] Fergie TO-20 running.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Nov 22 04:39:24 PST 2008

Indiana Robinson wrote:

> Great pictures Mike. It must have been a pretty good tractor before it
> was parked. I'll bet that you ended up with at least $15 or $20 in
> that project...   ;-)
> Or do we even mention that out loud.   :-)
Thanks - the seller was in a hurry to move to Florida, so my original
investment was not much, and the fact that the Ford had both a Sherman
auxiliary transmission and a Howard two speed rear made restoring the
tractor an interesting project. I was making good money at the time, so
I didn't mind the expense. The tires and the engine pistons/liners kit
were the most expensive parts, but the little pieces added up also. One
of the advantages of the old Ford N's is that you can literally build a
complete tractor from all the new and rebuilt parts available. In fact,
a company called N-Complete sells "remanufactured" Ford N's that are
essentially brand new tractors. The Ferguson doesn't quite reach that
kind of situation. I understand that some parts for the Continental
engines can be problematic.
> -
> I signed up for the ATIS Ford Ferguson list a while back but have
> never received any messages from it. Is it currently active?
Yes, it is working, but there hasn't been much traffic lately. I usually
send my little "Lancaster Farming" listing to it once a week, so you
should at least receive that. If you aren't receiving even that, you
might want to check your ATIS profile.

Mike