[AT] 3 point quick hitch

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Nov 19 07:32:47 PST 2008

Mike I've heard others talk about having a problem but I do have one first
hand experience.  A freind of mine asked me to help him find one for his 165
MF which is a big cat 1/small cat 2 tractor.  In fact the lift arm balls are
cross drilled with holes for both 1 & 2 cat pins.  Tom has some cat 1
equipment, some cat 2 and some that can be used either way.  I tried to tell
him he would have a problem but he was hard headed and really wanted a quick
hitch.  He oredered a CAT 1, we sent it right back as it wouldn't fit
anything he had.  He ordered a Cat 2.  It would fit one implement by
shifting the cat pins around a bit but none of the rest.  We finally decided
to try the quick hitch adapters that fit on the end of the lift arms with an
adjustable cross stabilizer bar.  That works for him but he still has to get
down and hook up the top link.  He's 73, diabetic has had open heart surgery
and has leg problems so it's not a perfect solution for him but he seems
satified....finally.

I think if you went out and bought a relatively new small tractor and bought
all of the OEM cat 1 equipment for it the quick hitch adapters would work
just fine.  Same with a Cat 2 tractor but if you've got older stuff with a
hodge podge of equipment like most of us have then you've got problems.
Now, if you wanted to go to the trouble you could probably fix all of your
equipment so that it would work.  It would take a little cutting and welding
or perhaps just moveing some bolts around but it should be do-able.  As you
said, it's just not a simple issue.

Charlie