[AT] 3 point quick hitch

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Tue Nov 18 20:49:32 PST 2008

Roy/Mogrits,

I'm getting a little confused by the terminology being used in this thread. My
understanding is the Harbor Freight Tools "Quick Hitch" attaches to tractors
which already have a three point hitch so an operator can quickly and easily
attach and release 3-point implements without leaving your tractor seat.   There
are several aftermarket 3 point hitch manufacturers for three point hitches that
will fit on tractors that didn't have a three point available from the original
tractor manufacturer or can be used instead of an original factory three point
hitch on other models of tractors. Once these aftermarket three point hitches
are installed on a tractor then a "Quick Hitch" can be attached to them for
their associated added benefits.  Just keep in mind that the aftermarket three
point hitch kits do not offer an active top link, ie, integral draft and depth
control. Some of these aftermarket kits are not built heavy enough(cheap) or do
not fit/work very well so be careful on which brand you select.  Worksaver is
one of the better ones, as I recall, but they are not inexpensive.  Worksaver
has a web site for their three point hitch kits at:

http://www.worksaver.com/product/hkit3pt.html

You can get line drawings and Operator manuals for each version of the hitches
via download also on this site.  Distributors/Dealers can be found on the site
also.
.

Dean Van Peursem
Apache Junction, AZ

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing.
 George Bernard Shaw