[AT] Ford F250 Diesel makes steam. UH - OH !!!

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Nov 10 18:50:18 PST 2008

Ralph Goff wrote:
> My thoughts exactly. The more I hear about new vehicles and their problems
> the more I think I will keep my old 81 GMC pickup as long as possible. I can
> pretty well fix anything on it myself in my own shop on the farm. I've
> rebuilt the brakes myself (and they work), recently installed a new starter
> and am looking at replacing the transmission this winter. For all the
> driving I do a TH350 trans. will be sufficient . It would be nice tohave the
> newer overdrive units but they are way more expensive and not something I
> would ever consider tackling myself.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

If you were just a bit closer I'd let you have a great running 95 350
mated to a 700R4. I have one in my van. I would suggest that a van is a
great source for an engine for a swap. They use a remote mounted
computer with an easy to grab wiring harness. Getting them out isn't
much fun if you do it the hard way but a front loader and a torch gets
them out the bottom real fast....

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York