[AT] Gas Cans

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 8 07:59:36 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Indiana Robinson" <robinson46176 at gmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Gas Cans

> When gas was $4 a gallon they might have worn a path... Some of them
> would probably be the same guys that suck it out of my tractor tanks
> down in the road.
> It looks like this one:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1950s-EN-AR-CO-MOTOR-OIL-GAS-CAN-Adver-Marked_W0QQitemZ300184359471QQcmdZViewItem
> Based on the asking price on the Ebay one maybe I just need to sell it...
> :-)
> "farmer"

Heck of a price for a fairly plain looking old gas container. For that price
I"d want it to be full of gas :-)
The more I see of ads like that I start to believe that I could retire off
the proceeds of selling the junk that has accumulated on this farm in the
past century.
I've still got a couple of the old green army surplus "jerry cans" that Dad
used to store oil and carrry fuel to the combine at harvest time. They are
about 5 gallons at a guess.

Ralph in Sask.