[AT] Gas Cans

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 05:40:06 PST 2008

I have several of those old round 5 gallon cans that oil came in back
in the 1940s and 50s that have a larger hole in the center with a cap
and a short metal spout with a cap off to one side. The top domes up a
few inches. I have one that developed a bad bottom still sitting in a
shed. I keep threatening to cut the bottom out, prop it upside down
and fill it with concrete. I could then paint it red and paint
"Gasoline"  on the side of it. I would then sit it in the lot across
the road from the house under a tree about 20' from the road. Then I
could sit out in the solar room and photograph everybody that stopped
and tried to steal it...   :-)
When gas was $4 a gallon they might have worn a path... Some of them
would probably be the same guys that suck it out of my tractor tanks
down in the road.
It looks like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1950s-EN-AR-CO-MOTOR-OIL-GAS-CAN-Adver-Marked_W0QQitemZ300184359471QQcmdZViewItem
Based on the asking price on the Ebay one maybe I just need to sell it... :-)

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)