[AT] Oil Filters: was Auto parts guys

Brad Gunnells brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Tue Nov 4 06:47:32 PST 2008

For filters I've been happy with Wix but I'll often use others. Their
web site however is pretty helpful for filter specifics. You can put
in some pretty obscure stuff and it will bring up a part number. You
can get detailed specs also. It will also cross reference other
brands. The only thing I wish I could do is put in dimensions and
have it bring up a list of part numbers that match. For example I
used a PH8A (Ford truck filter) on my 318 Dodge as it's the same
thread and seal size but the Ford filter is larger. It would be nice
if I could spec the thread and gasket and other details to find
potential matches.

Brad