[AT] Oil Filters: was Auto parts guys

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 3 19:29:42 PST 2008

On Nov 2, 2008, at 9:47 PM, Don Bowen wrote:

>> I took a week off and someone bought our last Corvair oil filter.
>> The
>> college help ordered another dozen to fill the slot.......
>
> I have spent enough time looking for a PH-4 filter that I usually
> buy all
> they have.  I still have a few in storage.

Speaking of filters:

My 1951 tractor seems to use a filter not of the sort shown in the
manual.  Likely a more modern design.  I have not yet started to find
any.  In the barn was a filter left behind from an earlier oil change,
no doubt and I only surmise it came from the tractor.

What are good sources for filters for the 1950's tractors?

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.