[AT] Harvesting questions...

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 18:43:11 PST 2008

IT  by far  is  FAR  less profitable that's why farms  are now    2,000 to
5000  acres on average--- it takes   more  land to make a living  ( we farm
1200acrs)
it takes us on average 8 weeks  with our  2188 CiH combine   and 25ft/ and
8row heads..  I know lots of people are faster but we have  ended up with the
ground no one else  would  steal--- or fight  for  and  a big field for us is
40acres      just Friday  Dad picked  all  day  in  7 fields  for a total of
25acres.

our former  fertilizer dealer ( he sold out and started farming)   he now
farms  over 6,000 acres   all most all i n   big fields  ( we have one field my
gr gr grampa owned that's 200acrs  but it has no straight sides since it is an
island  in  a small  river)

In a message dated 11/3/2008 12:03:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,