[Ford-ferguson] Ford-ferguson Digest, Vol 54, Issue 5

cwi813 at mchsi.com cwi813 at mchsi.com
Sat Nov 29 10:26:07 PST 2008

I have a 9N and took my carburetor apart to find gaskets that looked like wet kleenex. The trap door on my butterfly valve was stuck shut and it took me a couple of months thinking about on and off to figure out how to get it off and back on.  I got the carburetor rebuild kit and used it all, figuring if I had it apart once I wasn't going to want to take it off and look at it again for awhile. It purrs like a kitten  now.

I got a couple of DVDs on the subject and they help the novice at these tractors a great deal. They are:

"Tune-Up for Ford Tractors - Featuring 9N, 2N and 8N"  only. Inside you'll find instructions and visual looks (as it is being tuned up) on front and side distributors, carburetor, trouble-shooting, starter button replacement, oil and filter change and much more. It lasts 65 minutes

Also:

Hydraulic Repair for Ford and Ferguson Tractors - Featuring 9N, 2N and  8N Ford Tractors with information pertaining to Ferguson 20 & 30 series tractors. Inside you'll find instructions and visual looks (as repairs are taking place)  on common hydraulic problems for the above-mentioned tractors. it says, "If you tractor's hydraulics shake, operate slowly, or perhaps doesn't work at all, this DVD will show you how to determine what is causing the problem and make the necessary repairs, adjustments or completely rebuild the hydraulic pump."  You watch the "guys" work together so you can do it too! (Get a friend to watch for the extra set of hands if you wish!)

Also:

"Engine Rebuild for Ford Tractors - Featuring 9N, 2N and 8N Ford Tractors) and it says, "You'll learn how to completely remove the engine, tear it down to the bare block, rebuild it and put it back in the tractor, using ordinary garage tools.  Contains approximately 90 minutes of excellent foootage filled with valuable information and useful tips. This DVD is a must for anyone considering rebuilding a 9N, 2N or 8N Ford Tractor.  'Dan is always giving you great tech tips and warnings on where it would be easy for you to make a grave mistake.'"

All three DVD are available through:
J & D Productions, Inc.
0.O. Box 38
Metamora, MI 48455
Copyright 2002  - and they haven't changed much since then  :O)

I can't give you a current price on them but knew when I bought them them that they would save me money and I had would sill have control of the tools being used on them.  (I'm not a control freak, but know what can happen when others may just choose to "dive in and see what's there" whether they know what they are looking at or not. Fix it yourself first so you don't have to keep sending it back for more re-repairs.)

You can do it!  Best wishes!

Cynthia Wilhelmi
515-707-4082