[AT] plows

Bruce Moden brucemoden at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 17:36:00 PST 2008

Someone out there asked about the types of plows.
I just found my grandfather's book on- The Operation, Care and Repair of Farm Machinery-
thirteenth edition- published by John Deere=
there is no date of printing, but much of the equipment is horse drawn, the tractors shown as John Deere's are "the General Purpose Tractor" to handle a four-horse load, and a
"Standard type" to handle a two-horse load (looks like an LA).
This book lists 6 plow styles: Prairie breaker, Stubble bottom, General purpose bottom, Slat moldboard bottom, Black-land bottom, & deep tillage bottom.

Bruce