[AT] Gas Cans

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 14:36:08 PST 2008

I also agree that these cans are a real pain. I had a few days in hospital and was trying to explain to my wife how to put gas in lawn mower. End result was a neighbor filling mower tank after wife spilled gas all over herself and the mower.

I finally found a more reasonable plastic gas can at Northern Hydraulics in SW Houston and purchased it so my wife would have something she could use, and I would also have a more reasonable gas can to use. It has a simple cap that can be removed and allows the nozzle to open up.
(Please do not share this with the regulators or they may try and stop the sale of gas cans that do not spill gas.)

It is also fun to try and fill a weed eater using one of the new cans. The weed eater is so light that when you push down to open the fancy nozzle it upsets the weed eater and you spill more gas.

Regards,
Dennis

I agree the new Blitz fuel cans suck.

Many states have a requirement that only CARB cans can be sold in that state. This is to combat all the *&*^%$ lawn service people that you see with open gas cans on thier trucks.

Nearly 100% of the gas cans used by the lawn service people in Houston are missing the cap.

So they decided to punish all of us by making it a requirment that all gas cans sold have a self closing gas cap. That means you can purchase a $50+ metal gas can or one of the plastic BLITZ cans. It seems no one else is making the plastic cans.