[AT] Allis Chalmer B

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sat May 3 16:00:27 PDT 2008

Tom that is a 6 V. starter.  It's ok to turn it with a 12 V battery but you
can't gin on it for more than a few seconds at a time without it getting too
hot.

Make sure you are getting a good flow of fuel to the carb.
When you get the starter fixed so you can turn it over check the spark plug
wires to make sure it is firing.  If you are getting a good clean, blue
spark when you hold the end of the spark plug wire close to the engine block
you have good fire.  Then check the plugs to see if they are firing.  If all
of that checks out it might be time to check timing.

Charlie