[AT] respirators and Isocyanates (Urethane paint)

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Mar 25 04:31:14 PDT 2008

I should have said a whole house activated charcoal water filter. The sand blast hood I have is air suplied and has those plastic tear off windows so you don't have to worry about the paint that gets on the window.  The hood gets enough air in and is positive pressure so no paint or sand dust gets in to breathe.  The filteris a regular beathing air filter for sandblasting about $500 now...

Cecil in OKla

Cecil, what is a "whole house" carbon filter anyway?....and what is
the "air compressor filter" you bought??  Trying to get a visual
picture.  Sure sorry to hear about your lung trouble.  I sure want to
avoid that!   I think I agree that the air supplied mask is the
safest way to go.  So why do you just use the sand blast hood?  Or do
you use a mask under it?   Do you get enough air flowing through the
hood to eliminate any paint fumes from getting in?   I've got to
think about all the other guys' suggestions too.   Thanks everyone!       John