[AT] respirators and Isocyanates (Urethane paint)

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Mon Mar 24 10:24:18 PDT 2008

Thanks Steve for the good painting suggestions!  I did fashion some
heavy plastic curtains with gromets that fasten to the ceiling of my
shop with heavy cup hooks behind one of the garage doors to paint in,
but that was just to help keep the paint spray off of all the other
stuff in the shop.   Works pretty good that way but concentrates the
fumes where I paint!  Maybe I can redesign that a bit for fan and
filters.   Couple questions:   Why not use shop air for an
air-supplied mask if  sources away from the paint fumes and goes
through the usual moisture filters and has no inline oil
injector?  (Cost is a factor here).     Tell me about the Inter-Spiro
units you mentioned. Is there one available for sale that would
work?  I was looking at a half mask air-supplied respirator in the
McMaster-Carr catalog (#5494T91) for $187 that might work OK for me
if I wear a hat.   Thanks again for your help.  John Wilkens