[AT] List trafic fires and other off topic stuff

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 13 19:26:12 PDT 2008

Very Interesting!
Well, I certainly admire the guys like Farmerbeal who actually did put out
a fire in this manner.
My first thoughts are that the combine would consume the fire if one
lowered the cutting platform  to just above the ground; but that would also
load the combine with much more wheat straw to burn and much more wheat
straw that was burning.   So, was there an established procedure?   Or just
cut and pray?
Herb

there.  It was a completely burned out hulk.  The only thing we salvaged
out of it was the rear axle and wheels.