[AT] List trafic fires and other off topic stuff

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Mar 12 19:33:47 PDT 2008

charlie hill wrote:
> Hi Lou,
>
> Yes it surely has been quiet on the list.  I got an off list message from
> John Hall this morning wondering if the list was down.
>
> I'm just getting around to fixing the minor problems after having to replace
> my hard drive.  Trying to get my mailboxes set up to filter the right
> messages into the right boxes.
>
> A little more on topic, I just had a bit of excitement.  I was burning some
> debris in a burning hole in the edge of the yard.  The wind decided to gust
> up and it got out over the edge.  I have a water hose that will reach it but
> since I messed my knee up I can't run or walk very fast.    I got the hose
> streched out but of course it kinked 100' away.  By the time I got some flow
> the fire was up under my 3 point hitch back hoe and was in danger of burning
> into the hydraulic hoses.  I had to let that burn for a few seconds while I
> got the perimeter of the fire knocked down.  As it turned out  it was not a
> problem but in a few more seconds and with another gust of wind it would
> have been out of control.  I guess I was lucky.
>
> Charlie

	If you ever need to pump water with a windmill on a still day just
strike a match.  :-)
There is nothing like striking a match to stir up a strong wind...

	Son Scott and I went over to Rushville IN yesterday and picked up his
"new" Case VAI. I'll try to take some pictures of it tomorrow. We will
likely get my "new" Case VAC tomorrow night.
	I never can remember to grab a digital camera when I go places. Of
course I can't remember anything else either.
:-)
I think I will pick up a camera cell phone so I always have one with me.

	I've been busy getting rid of stuff and trying to get the shop cleared
out enough to work better. Gads, those dang pack-elves have carried in a
lot of crap...
:-)
	I really messed myself up last fall working in moldy hay in a lot of
wind. My lungs were filling up with fluid and I fought problems all
winter. I began to wonder if I was ever going to get straightened out
but I'm feeling really good now. In fact I'm feeling so good I feel the
need to toss salt over my shoulder and knock wood all of the time for
fear of some thing I may need falling off of my body.
:-)
If I can keep everything working for a while I just might get caught up.

	Now if I could just remember where I put that #$%& ...

--

"farmer"

I now have one more email list - "Budget_Solar"