[AT] You guys are no help at all...

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Mar 5 16:38:46 PST 2008

	I told you guys about several tractors for sale at Rushville IN east of
here last week... You were supposed to jump in and buy them so that they
would have good homes... Did you buy any of them??? Noooooo... you just
left the poor defenseless things sitting there... As a result I had to
go over there today and "adopt" two of them...
	One is the VAI Case with a sickle mower on it. It looks like something
that some county highway department might have bought to mow roadsides.
I don't believe it has that much use on it though. Maybe it came from
some factory or school etc. since it looks to have been maintained
fairly well and all looks original except with no paint. Three tires are
up but low and kind of tired looking. The fourth (right rear) wouldn't
hold cats let alone air. Still it kind of has a "decent old tractor with
good possibilities" look about it. Son Scott wants that one... He is
forming a line of projects for his retirement in 30 years.   :-)
	The other is a tricycle Case VA something I assume. I can't see the ID
plate on it where it is sitting in the shed. It has the grill, radiator
and head off of it but they are all there and look OK. I stuck the crank
in and it turned over smoothly and the pistons pi$$ed so maybe it
doesn't need too much to run. It looks better than the other one and the
tires look low but possibly OK. Good daylight will tell. The paint is
only fair but sort of there.
	I finished the deal over the phone ($300 each) and so I will run back
over there tomorrow with the PU and load up all of the loose stuff so it
doesn't grow legs. There are a lot of salvage guys running around there
buying odds and ends.
*
	As soon as we can get the painted steel roof for Son Scott's house
addition off my trailer we will run over and get them. I will have to
look for a hole inside for them some place close to the shop. I won't
even be starting the one I'm keeping until I get a bunch of other things
finished. It may be summer before I can get to it. Scott still is
spending most of his limited time off working on his house addition and
probably will not finish it before summer or fall. Oh well, you should
always have more projects sitting around to look forward to...   :-)
	I am starting to gain ground fairly well now. Just a lot to do. Hooray
for spring, only about two weeks or so...   :-)
*
*
*
Pssssttt... Ssshhhhhhhsh... Now that my wife is no longer looking over
my shoulder... If he doesn't sell them soon I just may see if I can work
a real cheap deal for the Massey Harris with no hood and crumbled rear
rims and the sort of rough "chicken roost" Case with bad rear rims... I
don't need them... but I hate to see them cut up...   Shhhhhsh, mum's
the word...  :-)

--

"farmer"

I now have one more email list - "Budget_Solar"