[AT] vapor locking

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 19:17:02 PDT 2008

I think now that MO has a E10 mandate, I think a lot of our 87 and 98 is
identical.  In MO, 93 is supposed to be Ethanol free.  Stihl owners
guide says to use hi-test and with the E10 issue, I've bit the bullet
and run 93 in everything fed from a can.  If I needed to use one of the
gas tractors for several hours, I might run 87, but I'll try to run it
dry then put a littie 93 in it.

I got out my 20 year Tuff-Cut 8 HP 24" high wheel mower that hadn't ran
since last year.  It has a fuel cut-off, so there was fuel in the tank
but none in the carb.  It didn't start in 6-8 pulls, so I thought I was
going to have problems.  I hauled it home and waited a day, then it
started on the first pull.  I either flooded it or the gas had a chance
to dissolve whatever was stuck.  They don't makem' like that anymore.