[AT] Allis Chalmers oil level check

Frank Vantacich rustymetal at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 29 22:11:24 PDT 2008

I have an Allis Chalmers WD-45 and was wondering how to check the  fluid level of the transmission,differential and transmission clutch?  The book says to "Keep filled to level plugs".  I'm used to seeing a fill plug and then a smaller level plug on the side of the transmission, you poor fluid into the fill plug until it comes out of the level plug.  Problem is I don't see any level plugs on either side of the transmission or differential.

  Does this mean I just fill it up to the top of the fill plug?

  Thanks for the help!

Frank V.
  rustymetal at sbcglobal.net