[AT] Patching Rear Tire on Tractor?

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Tue Jun 24 19:36:57 PDT 2008

There is no list of ingredients on the side of the can, Roy, but I suspect it's mostly rubber cement.  It smells like it, and it does an excellent job at sealing the bead when you are initially airing up a tire.  These Chinese utility tires on wheel barrows, garden carts, warehouse trucks, etc, that are such a pain to put air into when the seal breaks at the bead, are a snap with the tire bead sealer.  My neighbor fought the tires on his brand new garden cart last fall for nearly an hour without success.  One was absolutely flat when he unpacked it, and the other showed no pressure reading.  A liberal application of the bead sealer made it possible to seat the bead of the tire without the expandable bladder that used to be standard equipment in every tire shop.  The bladder was wrapped around the perimeter of the tire and aired up to compress the tread and spread the bead out to the edge of the rim so it would seal the big gap around the tire and start holding air.

There I go again showing my age.  Several on this list remember those expanders.  The younger ones are saying, "What?"

Larry