[AT] Patching Rear Tire on Tractor?

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 12:36:24 PDT 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Larry Goss wrote:

> I have worn out the rubber cushion t...- too many other things going
> on to dedicate any permanent space to a tire changer.

My shop will likely be the same.

> No.  That green stuff is called, "Slime". IMHO, it should never be
> used -- unless you have to work in an area that has Black Locust
> trees.

Because the Locust trees are full of thorns?  BIG thorns?  I have a
couple here about an inch thick and 8 feet tall.  Unfortunately, they
are likely to succumb to a burn I need to do at their feet in a ditch.

>  The product I am referring to is basically black rubber cement.

Is it mostly cement, or partly lubricant?  I remember the local garage
used soapy water or some such in a small bucket near the tire
changer.   Maybe it was not that at all but it did make bubbles where
there was a leak.  They also had a Tungar battery charger.  I have one
also and maybe it's ideal to use on my 6 volt McCormick!  Of course it
would have to be overhauled first.

> ... a quart of it with a built-in applicator brush ... below half full

Maybe there is some solvent or the like you could add to the stuff.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180