[AT] 3 point sickle bar

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 15:32:49 PDT 2008

There were several different setups for 3t mowers.  The chains MAY hook
to the toplink at the tractor to limit how far the mower drops.  They or
the bar may connect somehow to lift the outer end of the bar when the 3
pt. is raised.  You need to figure out what you've got before we can help.

My JD 350 has a lever that connects to a plate bolted to the drawbar to
lift the mower.  A sickle bar usually doesn't just rest on the ground,
even when "down" much of it's weight is carried by the tractor so the
bar can float with less drag.  Without that float, little tractors can't
handle the side draft and it turns into a harrow on the gopher mounds.

Is it a pitman or balanced head mower?  Can you take pictures?