[AJD] JD 2020 Diesel

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Tue Jul 29 21:17:04 PDT 2008

Chris
We used to sell mostly this size utility tractors, most being the same as the 2020 but later models, 2040,2240,2640,2550,2750,etc
etc

A 2020 is a good modern design utility tractor and is basically a solid well performing design with no major flaws, at least that
we ever habitually encountered.

Since you asked for opinions, the $4000 2020 instantly struck me as being rode hard and put up wet. It's rough looking all the way
around, from the oversized and odd looking rear tires to the mismatched fronts to the missing sheet metal to the hood pounded flat
in front. I was never a fan of the model 47 loader as it's an older design and we usually updated them to a more modern loader.

Yes you can buy fenders and locate floorboards and on and on but why have to do that? Factor in that it's slow starting and smokes
and we know where that will lead.

All in all, I think it would be best to pay a bit more for one in somewhat better shape.

But then, that's just me.

Greg

personally, I would buy a 2020 in good condition in a heartbeat with no worries. Or a 2030 or better yet the bigger 2630.

NOW!! CHECK YOUR PART #'S AT WWW.JOETRAKTOR.COM!

WE ARE NO LONGER ON THE JOHN DEERE PARTS LOCATOR

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709