[AJD] JD 2020 Diesel

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 19:10:21 PDT 2008

       Hello All,

            I am
looking seriously at buying a 2020 Diesel with a loader on it.  I
have 3 of them of them that I am considering...  Price ranges from
4000, 5100 and 9500.   The 9500 is the nicest of course but I
think that may be too much.

            Can
anyone point out any things that failed commonly on these tractors or
things to make sure to check?  I am new to anything JD that
doesn't have a letter in the name..

            Here
is a link to the 4000 tractor.  It has a loader with a quick
change bucket.  Missing the fenders,  floor boards and side
panels.  It does have home made floor boards.  Not sure the
seat is correct.  It was slow starting,  and smokes..
Motor sounds good running.  It has a two stick transmission (maybe
they all did??)  12 volt starter..  2 hyd. couplings,  3
point and pto.  Controls to the right of the seat.  Hood and
grill not so nice..  All gauges/insturments not working..

            He
was asking 4500,  I offered 3500.. he countered with 4000,
but I left it there..  Follow the link below for the pictures..

                 Chris

http://public.fotki.com/jdnut/john-deere-equipment/2020/2020-diesel-with-loader/