[AT] Ford 3000

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Jul 27 06:30:44 PDT 2008

Lew Best wrote:
> My 4000 (figure it's probably similar) drifts up & down just slightly;
> maybe it needs adjustment?  Not really bad but could you give more
> details on this?  Lets say you set it to a specific height it'll
> gradually (maybe 20-30 seconds) sink a bit then "jerk" itself back up to
> the original level.
>
> Lew

	Our Jubilee got to doing that. I'm not sure of how much they were
changed in design after that. On the Jubilee it was due to a bad O-ring
on the lift piston. It would leak down until it used up the free travel
in the internal linkage to the control and then it would operate the
valve and call for more oil and raise back up. On it we just pulled the
top cover and replaced the o-ring. I seem to recall that maybe you had
to remove a side plate to disconnect something??? Its been a long time ago.

--

"farmer"

I wouldn't mind being absent minded so bad if forgetfulness
could just be a little more selective. Just last week I
was saying so to "whats-her-name..."

Hay & Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)