[AT] Hefty Tractor Company - Madison, WI????

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Wed Jul 23 15:09:10 PDT 2008

The Vintage Iron Club show was held this past weekend at Jubilee Farms in
Carnation, WA. An annual show that has struggled to find an identity and
attendance. However some interesting tractors, cars and machinery. Some nice
tractors but almost as many antique cars as tractors. The antique cars all came
from one collector close to this show. One interesting tractor not seen very
often is a "Hefty" that is in its original clothes. Hefty Tractor Company;
Madison, WI. Owner is John Simpson from the Ellensburg/Yakima, WA area. John
spends the summer attending and displaying at shows all over the West coast.
I've known John for several years and had a discussion with him at this show
concerning the Hefty. He is very interested in finding out more about this line
of tractors. He has found only two others in the US. Anyone who can contribute
additional knowledge in this area please pass it along and I will get it to John
at the next show I see him at, which probably will be at the Lynden, WA show in
a week and a half.

See pictures at show and of the Hefty tractor:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/tractor_shows/2008/carnation-wa/all/

Dean Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA

If we take the time to count our blessings we don't have time to complain.