[AT] F-12 - Karl Ohmsted CD - other list stuff

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Jul 27 06:24:11 PDT 2008

Alan Riley wrote:
> Didn't Karl Ohmsted have a CD available a few years back on the F-4
> overhaul?
>
> Alan

	I have a copy of it but I'm not sure where it is. Probably in the other
house yet. I'll try to remember (risky) to look for it today. I only
have one working tractor with a mag (the #$%& CUB) so I haven't needed
it yet.
	Karl kindly sent me a complimentary copy when he first finished it and
asked for my opinion of it. Frankly I thought he did a damned fine job.
	I have changed computers too many times since I last heard from him and
have lost his email address. I miss his reports, he always did a good
job with them and was always doing something interesting.
	We  used to have another expert along such lines Neil (I won't even try
to spell his last name but I'll bet George Willer knows how) who we lost
permanently some time ago.

	We can't go look at the list membership any more, I think Spencer did
that to protect us from hackers and trolls. I do believe it is down in
number. Of course there is no way to know how many are still out there
lurking but not posting.
	I do think one of the best things to happen to the list in a long time
is the current "active" but not excessive moderation by Steve Sewell (I
hope I spelled that right Steve).
	Back when Spencer didn't have a whole herd of irons in the fire and had
more time for the list he watched it pretty close and our old friend
Ronald Florence (self announced unofficial list curmudgeon) maybe
watched it a little too close. Ronald didn't like off topic messages.
:-)   I on the other hand think that unless excessive that they are
important. It is only through the off topic chatter that we truly become
friends and friendship is what makes for a good lasting list family.
This list is a great tool for getting old tractor information but it is
much more than just a tool. I wish every member here could spend just
one evening around the campfire at Portland. Once you have done that you
will never look at the list as just an old tractor tool again. A good
number of personal visits with list members at their place or mine have
also been a major source of pleasure for me over the years.
	I kept contact off list with Ronald Florence for sometime after he sold
his little hay farm and went back to the city but I have lost track of
him now.
	I've lost track of too many good folks over the last few years...

--

"farmer"

I wouldn't mind being absent minded so bad if forgetfulness
could just be a little more selective. Just last week I
was saying so to "whats-her-name..."

Hay & Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)