[AT] F-12 - Karl Ohmsted CD - other list stuff

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun Jul 27 07:53:36 PDT 2008

Karl's e-mail address might be olmstead at ridgenet.net.  That was right a couple of years ago, I believe.

> I miss his reports, he always did a good job with them
> and was always doing something interesting.

No doubt he's one of the best.  I recall a long series describing getting some great big old crawler running again, through patient and simple tinkering, after assorted "experts" had given up on it.  Always fun to read about whatever he was working on.

> We used to have another expert along such lines Neil
> (I won't even try to spell his last name but I'll bet
> George Willer knows how) who we lost permanently some
> time ago.

Farmer, that was Neil Yerigan, and he was indeed a gentleman and a source of terrific information on magnetos and tractor electrics in general.  He'd written a little paperback book called How to Restore Tractor Magnetos, a $20 book now listed by amazon.com used-book sellers for $175 to $200.  Back when I had that Super M in the late 90s he patiently walked me through a bunch of diagnostics and troubleshooting on the generator and regulator.  Probably just about re-wrote his basic-electrics chapter for me, over the course of several e-mails.

On the subject of list members who've left us, does anyone know what became of Hank Wessell?  I recall he had some health problems several years ago and have not heard from him in quite a long time, so I fear he may have passed on.  Another gentleman, generous with what he knew.

Other forums get a lot of traffic these days, and I'm on some of them too, but this one remains the most gentlemanly.  I don't mind the off-topic posts here.  On another forum I'm on, which has a separate "coffee shop" forum for more or less any subject, a lot of the threads turn into political rants and can become unfriendly.  I may not read all the messages here but I mighty rarely regret it when I do.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net