[AT] Ford 3000

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 13:39:34 PDT 2008

What can anyone tell me about a Ford 3000?  I do not know the year, the owner says it is a '78 but the information I have shows dates of production as 1965 - 1975.   I cannot find a serial number nor have I found serial number lists.  It has a Select-O-Shift transmission.

The problem with the tractor is in the three point lift.  It goes up and stays up but if you try to hold it at any position below full up is drifts down.  I am told a valve may be stuck but never having gone into one I have no idea what valve to look for.  Any suggestions?

Also any idea what one that runs good with a decent paint job and decent tires would be worth?

Don Bowen      KI6DIU