[AT] OK, did somebody leave the list exhaust stack uncovered?

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 22 17:26:15 PDT 2008

Never had it happen to any of our tractors but have worked on several that
did. I had an ID-9 and an Oliver 70 that left the shop in pcs due to this
problem. No big loss as I bought them for scrap price and sold them to
collectors for a lot more $$
 About 10 years ago there were 2 Farmall M's near here that were kept under
sheds. Both sheds leaked into the exhaust and ruined the engines. One
tractor was junked, the other was bought by a friend who found out just how
expensive restoring one could be. He actaully put it to use in his haying
operation pulling a large tedder and a tandem rake set-up. Had to recover
his money somehow!

John Hall